“About Boulevard Dreams:
In this intelligent, clever, and darkly funny noir set in the smoky world of 1958 San Francisco, a down and out private detective, Joe Nails, experiences a series of surrealistic yet disturbing dreams, in which his once best friend, Mark Tamlyn, pleads for his help, before turning a gun to his head and firing.
To ease the lingering doubts regarding his friend’s well-being, Joe sets out to locate him, only to learn Mark disappeared weeks before the dreams began. As his investigation deepens, Nails initially uncovers a conflicting portrait of Tamlyn by an amazing mixture of unforgettable characters who knew him best: from those intimating his disappearance is customary, to those suggesting he is on the lamb from mobsters, and to those who insist he is dead.
But Joe yearns to discover the truth, and thus becomes embroiled in an encircling world of murder, deception, passion, and mystery, and as he races down a narrowing road with no off-ramps toward the shocking reality of his friend’s fate and the final desperation of his own, Joe Nails stares into the dreadful face of the unimaginable.
Targeted Age Group: 19-99
Written by: E Ryan Janz
Buy the ebook:
Buy the Book On Amazon
Buy the Print Book:
Buy the Book On Amazon
My name is Ryan Janz and I live in Anytown, USA, and I have chosen not to include my photo in my bio at this time in the abject fear I will be recognized and therefore mobbed by crazed fans. For example, say I post my picture, and let’s also say I’m walking my dog down my friendly neighborhood street, you know, Main Street, and as a result the unthinkable occurs:
1. I am breathlessly asked by a passing neighbor to autograph my thrilling new Noir/Private Investigator novel, Boulevard Dreams, or I’m pretty sure that’s what he said.
2. My neighbor doesn’t have the book with him, or as he put it, “I’ve never heard of your stupid piece of trash and you frighten me”.
3. I give him a copy I happen to be carrying in my wheelbarrow.
4. My neighbor is hesitant in believing I wrote the book.
5. I produce my driver’s license for proof of my authorship, careful to place my thumb over my picture because I do not wish to be recognized and therefore mobbed by crazed fans.
6. My neighbor threatens to call the police.
7. My dog insists we hastily return home, and as we do, I lower my baseball cap across my face because I do not wish to be recognized and…etc.
8. I hear police sirens and as I hide below the trap door in my basement my dog decides to move out.
9. While living under my basement and perusing a handy book containing chock full of fun survival techniques, it occurs to me I don’t own a dog.
10. Having read how baked rat can easily be transformed into a healthy snack while overthrowing the government, I hear a dog howling in the distance, reminding me it’s time once again to collect my wheelbarrow and join my best friend for a pleasant walk down Main Street, USA.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.